What is Coaching?
Coaching is a useful way of developing people's skills and abilities, and of boosting performance. It can also help deal with issues and challenges before they become major problems. A coaching session will typically take place as a conversation between the coach and the coachee (person being coached), and it focuses on helping the coachee discover answers for themselves. After all, people are much more likely to engage with solutions that they have come up with themselves, rather than those that are forced upon them!
What Coaching is Not?
Coaching is not telling rather than partnering with the coachee to help them find their own answers. Coaching is NOT
- Mentoring: A more knowledgeable person giving guidance to a novice
- Counselling: A therapy to help with phobias or psychological condiftions
- Consulting: Giving solutions or doing work for you
Agile coaching helps you adapt to Agile Values, Principles and Practices. Coach will help you visualize the importance of these practices and implement correctly. The coaching could include how to to implement agile frameworks and techniques like Scrum, eXtreme Programming or Lean as well as mindset and behavioural change. Agile coaching could help
- ScrumMasters and Agile Champions
- Team Members working in Agile Teams
- Managers and Leaders trying to bring agility their teams
- Leaders trying to make their organization agile
Leadership Coaching is a collaborative, individualised relationship between a leader and the coach — the leader could well be an executive, manager, supervisor, team leader or business owner, anyone in charge or responsible for a group of people. Coaching leaders can help them
- Make better decisions
- Drive strategic initiatives
- Maximize critical thinking
- Develop a proactive attitude towards work
- Positive shift in employee engagement
- Interpersonal relationships
- Importantly improved employee productivity
A life coach can help you understand the root cause of your dissatisfaction or discontentment with life as a whole and support you to come out of emotional baggage through coaching sessions to live a fulfilling life.
Only the wearer knows where the shoe pinches, and only the individual knows when life issues can be resolved by self and when an external support is needed. Even for self exploration a guided approach helps in greater transformation taking place internally. Here comes the coach’s role in :
- Improving the quality of life
- Enhancing the ‘coping up’ ability
- Showing the mirror to the person and help him/her to have a fresh start in life!
- Empowering clients to lead a fulfilling life